Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gamenotes: What to play next?

I have not been playing anything but Farmville for several months. I think this is rotting my brain...which may be why I keep reading those Zombie novels. Just a theory.

Real games require thought, strategy, resourcefulness and immersion in game and story. Here's what I'm looking forward to:

Neverwinter

Official Site

Coming up late next year from Cryptic Studios, this might be kind of dicey, but the world of Neverwinter is so appealing, and the game will be free to play, so I must try it out.



Skyrim

Official Site

Sequel to my favorite game of all time: The Elder Scrolls, Oblivion, this is set in the northern realm of Skyrim and features dragons and that incredibly detailed world of Tamriel. I hope that there are plenty of tombs to explore as well as dragon combat because those caverns and thieves lairs and Aylied tombs are sooo deliciously scary.



The Secret World

Official Site

Set in the modern world, filled with secret societies, and lots of action, the Secret World has lots of potential to be awesome and very different.



Guild Wars 2

Official Site

Using a subscription model that everyone should emulate, Guild Wars is set in a unique ravaged world. The sequel, Guild Wars 2 looks rich and a cut above anything else coming up in the mmo universe. ya ya, more dragons in the trailer...



Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Official Site

Ha ha, this one is in the mail...should be action packed. I expect to be dead and stuck pretty quickly but I'll enjoy it while I last.



Mass Effect 3

Official Site

A great science fiction storyline. Mass Effect 2 is one of the best and most challenging games I've ever played. Can't wait for three :) Thinking I should go back and replay the end sequence so what's her name doesn't croak though...



Bioshock Infinite

Official Site
Looking forward to this third Bioshock game (though I haven't finished game two...) as it tells the story of how the underwater city of Rapture came to be. Totally wierd and wondrous.



Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Official Site

This game is being developed as a stand alone game which is set in the universe of an upcoming not properly named mmo called Copernicus. These guys have a star studded development team and the world is created by author R. A. Salvatore so you know it will be unbelievably rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment