Saturday, December 27, 2014

All Ready For the New Year

I spent this year sort of burrowed in enjoying my retirement.  I'm ready for a New Year.



I am ready to pour over my seed catalogs to plan a garden anew.  I have a nice new notebook and matching pink binder.  All of my garden books, and past year notebooks and maps are all in the dining room so I can sit and look out the patio doors and plan and dream.  Once I clear the Christmas serving plates and things off of the table.

My knees are behaving, sort of.  I'm not sure if the "chicken shots" I got in each knee actually helped at all, but since they're not in constant pain perhaps so.  I decided long ago that if I ever had to have a cane it would be a cool one.

My first cane is:


For Christmas I asked for another that I couldn't choose from myself, and I got this spectacular thing:


They don't just look cool, they really help in walking, and have made things much easier for me.

The small drawback to taking your cane out in the world with you (something I've been reluctant to do, but I'm getting better and can stay afoot much longer) is that these make some people gape (and you know I don't like being noticed).   Also, a few people seem to think trouble walking means trouble thinking and responding to normal conversation.  Duh.

I'm hoping to take advantage of my new mobility to see the sights, maybe do some walking for exercise and pleasure.  Who knows?

Enjoy the rest of 2014, see you in the new year!

6 comments:

  1. I hate knee trouble! I had the "chicken shots" too. The first one lasted many months. I love your canes! This recalls the line from the song: Be kind to your knees, you'll miss them when they're gone. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I was ever unkind to my knees. They just decided to go kablooie. Would not get the chicken shots again, yikes. Going to have to figure out another way.
    My next cane may have a sword inside. Engarde! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people are able to get the syn-visc over and over for years. Maybe that will be you! I do agree that there are design flaws here and there. If I ever get to the Man Upstairs, I'll speak to him about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to hearing what The Man has to say!

      Delete
  4. What totally cool canes! Love them and you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donell you are ever the Sweetie Pie. See you sometime in this New Year? I'll bring the Dragon Cane.

      Delete