Wednesday, November 9, 2016

WIP Wednesday: Yo, Ho, A Stein!

In my early days of painting ceramics, I always went for the pieces with lots of detailing.  I fell in love with steins and the medieval scenes depicted on them.  They would take a very long time to complete, but how cool when done!

This stein really just needs a few details filled in, and a couple of "washes" in trees and other background bits to give them texture.   I wisely painted the inside with a ceramic glaze so it's ready for hoisting Beverages Of Unusual Size whenever I complete the full scene.  Which may be soon, since I've pulled it out to work on it.

Just a note: I haven't painted any ceramics in a long time, but I have all my old paints and many of mom's as well.  I looked one day to see how long acrylic paints are usable, and hey, they last for a very long time, as long as you can shake/mix/stir the contents of the bottle, adding water if needed...you can still use the paint.






No comments:

Post a Comment