Thursday, March 25, 2021

Raking Out The Vegetable Garden 3/25/21

 The vegetable garden actually has a fair few perennials, but it keeps the name anyway.  I went out and raked most of the leaves out of the in ground beds and the raised beds.  

There are lots of things coming up!  Including my hollyhocks both purchased and grown from seed. I had Hollyhock fever last year.  Only one hollyhock, that I purchased, put out a tiny flower last season.  I have high hopes for this year.

Somehow, I'm also going to cram in sunflowers (which I've only grown successfully once).  Also, morning glories of various shades.

I wanted to be that person who got their peas and sweet peas planted by St. Patricks Day, but there was still ice and snow.  

All I did was uncover everything to warm the soil and provide my babies with more light and water from upcoming rains.  Tomorrow the weather should be fine again and I'll go out and bag up the leaves and cut back any dead foliage on the plants.

I'm pretty thrilled my strawberries seem to have filled in their area.  Last season they didn't produce much or look happy.  

Two blueberries I grew in pots last season went in the ground in the fall and they're budding!  They live!















No comments:

Post a Comment