Thursday, June 24, 2021

Today In The Garden 6/24/21

 So much regular Toon Tuesdays.  Think humorous thoughts. Today’s Garden Word is RABBIT.

We thought we had them blocked from the backyard, at least. A series of replacement posts this spring created a perceived and thus possible weak spot. 

While hand watering one day this week, something shot out from under a plant that was not a squirrel, and it’s game on. 

The rabbit also found the one side of my shed without a six inch deep barrier of hardware cloth and shoved aside the bricks to get cozy under the shed once again.

I’m already having trouble with the squirrels digging in and around my plants and seedlings in the vegetable garden. Now I face a rabbit too, as not every side of the veg garden is as well protected as the south side.

We had a break in the 90 degree days over the weekend, with lows in the forties and fifties. Eep.  My lettuces were happy. 

We’re of course back to stifling heat, drought and ya, no gardening year is ever ideal.

Tomorrow I weed P2 (perennial garden 2) which is being overrun by Queen Anne’s Lace, which I’ve been working unsuccessfully to iradicate.

Happy gardening!










































No comments:

Post a Comment