Monday, June 7, 2021

Today In The Garden June 7, 2021

 We’ve gone from night time temps in the 30s to 50s in late May and early June to low to high 90s every day now.

I was carrying flats upon flats inside and out because I couldn’t chance planting things. Now, I’m racing to get things in pots and in the ground early in the day.  

This morning I filled two raised beds with ten forty pound bags of soil. It’s a young woman’s game, but here I am, still hoisting dirt.

The secret to those heavy lifts is much like the trick for opening jars that are sticky.  Instead of thinking    “ this is so and so’s head” just as you twist the lid, right as you lift your bag you think of something that frustrates you, and the extra oomf is there for you. Works like a charm.

Tomorrow I hoist potting soil while I attempt to plant my tomatoes from their happy red Folger’s containers into five gallon buckets. I plan to keep them on the deck where I can baby them in their buckets.

There are half sized buckets from the same store. I’m going to attempt to put the two mints I have in those and see how they behave.

You may notice a few plates under plants here and there. Things are drying out so fast I’ve been getting pretty floral plates of various sizes to act as a tray for my babies at Goodwill. Treasure hunt city.












































No comments:

Post a Comment