Monday, February 28, 2022

Happy 14 Years of Blogging, Librariandoa

 Naturally my post earlier got me thinking about the blog and what I've liked and not liked about it over the years.  I think I've liked it best when it's been more spontaneous.  Somehow I've worked in too many "regular features" over time, I think.  I spend too much time planning, writing and scheduling those "required" things that other more more interesting things may go by the way side.

 


Today I'm thinking: 

Move posts and sidebar features from Librariandoa 2.0 here, then delete that blog which competes in a way with this one, even though it is inactive.

I'm going to do the same with my DOA in the Garden blog, which I enjoyed writing at first, but no one, really no one read the thing. Hmmpf.  So poof, Librariandoa in the Garden.

My other blog, The Adventures of Merlyn Perilous, I may reactivate.  Simply by writing any bookish things there.  By chance we've signed up for two conventions this year, and I made my Badge Name Merlyn Perilous for both.  I shouldn't appear at bookish conventions with my Book Blog Name, and no book blog, right?  I'll ponder this move.  If I do make this this move, the Book Reviews are the only thing moving. Book Notes will stay here because Wordpress is super annoying about links to sites sometimes.  It either won't link to them or it does the linking for you sometimes in an obnoxious way.  I really enjoy doing Word Finds for the books I read, those will stay here too.

Here on DOA Central, I'll be adding sidebar sites galore.

I'm going to drop What's Cooking altogether, and just write about recipes I try out for good or bad, sometimes, in no regular way.

I'm also dropping the ever popular First Line Friday.  It gets decent views, but doing it drives me buggy.  Something always goes wrong with the picture, or the font on the picture showing up clearly or not.  Poof!

Also staying are Sunday Puzzles of all types and their answer keys.

I will also add links to my not so Social Media sites here, just to be all 21st Century about things.

Again, thanks for stopping by!  Fourteen more years or bust!

Librariandoa

2 comments: