Friday, August 16, 2024

Five Things Friday August 16, 2024

 Yikes, August is half over! Summer is almost gone. My garden is a jungle.  Hope you’re having a good week. 😁

One: For all of my list making, some days I just don’t accomplish much at all.  I don’t even have a cat to blame.



Two:  Remember when your kids were small and you had those little cooking irons shaped like Mickey Mouse, or, say a dinosaur?  My pancakes using them never looked like either thing.



Three:   I can’t really type, so when I look up from the keyboard and see what Autocorrect has done to simple words, I’m shocked, I tell you, shocked.  Whoa whoa never just hit send.




Four:  There may be no hope for me. I have a self threading sewing machine and it does the bobbin for you too while serving you dinner. Can’t make myself do it.



Five:   I didn’t learn to drive till I was 19. Oddly, I didn’t even want to drive. When I hit the road to learn, I was so dangerous. I drove onto someone’s lawn to avoid going on a busy road. Clever.  I passed some poor person on a hill and just gunned it to get past them, and closed my eyes so I didn’t have to see if there was an oncoming car. I drive much better now!  Just think, though, if I had had access to something like this!






No comments:

Post a Comment