Friday, August 30, 2024

Five Things Friday August 30, 2024

 What a rainy, gusty week. I don’t recall any rain in the forecast looking ahead to this week, but blammo! I’ve coiled my hose up out of the way for now.

One:  We lived in Minneapolis on Pillsbury Avenue. Some kid from the neighborhood showed us what fun it was to ride cardboard down a nearby hill. What a blast! Just thrilling.  All you had to do was remember to listen for oncoming trains and make sure you weren’t on or near the tracks when they came through.  For some reason, when our parents found out, we weren’t allowed to slide anymore.


Two:  We played so many board games and card games as a kid.  Though I never liked getting the Old Maid, I loved the cards themselves and the game play.


Three:  People who like Math are just DIFFERENT.



Four:  Over the winter I had fun looking at and for little vintage collectibles.  I think I used to have one of the leaning cats.  I would scoop one up if I saw it.  Don’t care for chalk and plastic fish, though.


Five: Your food remembrance of the week.  



No comments:

Post a Comment