Thursday, January 23, 2020

Garden Treasure Hunting

I love the Flea Market Gardening page.  They find ways use all sorts of commonplace objects artfully in the garden.

There was an article on finding glass containers as cloches.  I use gallon milk jugs, but that’s not so pretty.

https://www.fleamarketgardening.org/2015/03/21/garden-cloche-vintage-beauty-under-glass/

Since I was out and about, I visited a thrift shop looking for some nice big glass object that could be a cloche.  I found a nice one that is light weight enough so I don’t need to worry about ease of lifting it on and off of a plant.



Perhaps I shouldn’t have grabbed a cart.

You see garden pictures all of the time with old metal colanders used as planters.  I’m painting this pink.


The article mentioned chicken wire cloches, which would be great protection, but chicken wire is so hard to work with.   How about something metal, which can keep the beasts and bunnies away, and let in light and water?








I’m sure there’s also a spot in the garden for these as well.  Or in the garden shed.










No comments:

Post a Comment