Thursday, March 3, 2022

What's Cooking March 3, 2022

 I've only made Apple Strudel once and it was wonderful. Problematically, I fused together parts of two different recipes, and I'm not sure I could reproduce them.

Here, from Janet's Appalachian Kitchen, an Apple Strudel Recipe that just needs a little glaze.  She writes out her recipe right on her Facebook page, so I'll direct you to that, and you'll just need to scroll down.  You're looking for this picture :)

 

https://www.facebook.com/JanetsAppalachianKitchen/

 

Is there anything more adorable than Easter Peeps? I love the diorama's people make with these pastel cuties. I just don't like eating them.  Even so, when I saw Butter with a Side of Bread's Easter Peep Krispies, I was ready to load up on the sugary little things to make these.

https://butterwithasideofbread.com/easter-peeps-krispie-treats/


My desire for chocolate cake has once again proved my undoing. I’ve been wanting to make a recipe from the latest version of my Bettey Crocker Cookbooks. Simply called Chocolate Cake. I just want to say I followed the recipe exactly. I did a good job of greasing and lightly flouring the pan (I usually skip the lightly flowering part).  Good start, right?


Once baked and cooled however, neither cake layer would come out of the pan. I ran a butter knife along the edge. I tapped the bottom of the pan.


Finally they came out but a thin top of each later remained in the pan.

Better yet, I made the suggested Fudge Frosting with it.  Whoa. It made a lot of frosting, but it would not thicken up to be spreadable for anything. I finally just poured some between the layers, then poured some over the top. Like chocolate lava it slid over the sides of the cake and pooled up.

I haven’t had the nerve to try it yet.



What's Cooking still lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment