Friday, June 7, 2024

Five Things Friday June 7, 2024

 Yay for the return of an old meme. The original intent of Five Things Friday I’m pretty sure was/is to note five good/inspiring things that happened each week. For some reason this perkiness bugged me and I couldn’t maintain it. 

In this version, I just plink out there any five things from the week. So easy.

One:  We are cat sitting and dog sitting my son’s pets this week.  What a crew.


Two: Year Of The Worm

It has been an insanely wet spring. I’ve been digging in the garden quite a bit anyway. So. Many. Worms! I’m pretty sure they’re all just earth worms, but I’m paranoid about the new super threat Jumping Worms. Eek. How can I tell if the ones I’m digging are regular or Jumping without looking at them all too closely. So gross.

Then, there appear a bunch of bright green worms. Eeew, they’re Cabbage Worms. Drawn by my innocent Purple Broccoli seedlings, is likely. I tossed my seedlings in the trash in a trice. Good thing I haven’t gotten around to planting radishes, nasturtiums, or alyssum. Nas-tee.

No worm portraits will be provided, sorry.


Three: An Ocean of Slobber

Remember the movie Beethoven where the dog shakes himself and there’s slobber everywhere?


I’ve always had beagles. And carpet. I didn’t know my beagle slobbered, but he’s a fountain. Then I adopt a big fuzzy angel of a dog who really has a traveling pool wherever she goes. Add my son’s dog this week. We’re floating ….


Four: I loved this show.




Five:I have the bricks, I have the paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment