Friday, February 7, 2020

Garden Fails: The Tree I Saw On Tour Didn't Look Like This

Early in my gardening days I went on a variety of garden tours.  It is really wonderful to tour other people's gardens to see their ideas, and what plants they grow.

You're always there with your camera and handy garden notebook to write down the varieties you like, and then you rush home and look online to see who carries the bewitching plant.

I am sure somewhere I have the inspiration for this tree, If I find it, I'll add it here so you can enjoy the contrast.   The variety isn't known by me anymore, but there were several very large evergreens that you saw when you entered the display garden.  It made an impressive statement and when you walked around the tree on the path, much more of the garden was revealed.

Here is my own tree of the exact type.  It did not fare so well, and I'm certain I removed it after taking this sad picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment