Saturday, April 4, 2020

Where's The Pretty Packet?

A cold rainy/snowy Friday.

I've re-sorted all my seeds into direct and indoor starts.  Just need to wash out a few pots to pot up earlier plantings, and we'll be in business seed wise.

Have you ever noticed that Burpee Seeds are everywhere in stores, with appealing packets that make you want to plant like mad, but if you direct order, you get plain packets?



I'm learning a lot this spring.  For instance, I only got part of my order, and if you look in small print on the back of the packing sheet, it says your order may come from different locations across the country. 

In my case, several seed types I ordered are Heirloom varieties, and those did not come with my first set of seeds.  There is also not  a note if or when to expect they'll arrive from elsewhere.    I'm guessing everyone, like me, is just rattled and normal procedures aren't quite there.

I thought I'd note that I was talking to Mr. DOA about the companies which were temporarily only filling commercial orders.   This caused him to dream that he wanted seeds and he was a commercial grower, but they still wouldn't send him anything.  Maybe I should stop sharing garden tidbits with him for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment