Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Librariandoa's Book Challenges for 2022

 I've always resisted Book Challenges as too much work?  Too much pressure to read?  Last year I created my own mini-challenge to read one Hercule Poirot mystery a month in 2021.

Success!  I really loved the books and plan to continue reading more Poirot in 2022.

Because I gained some confidence by doing that regular read, I cautiously joined an actual challenge this year, Intrepid Reader's Historical Fiction Challenge.  Just five books, but surely doable.  

I prefer historical mysteries these days, with those set in Victorian London being my favorites. 

I also like the World War II historical fiction that has been popular recently, and loved the Rose Code by Kate Quinn and the Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan. I'd be reading more of those, except there is also now a trend to have "dual timeline" historical novels, and I find (except for the Rose Code which had the same characters in two times) that I think you're just getting immersed in another era and you're popped into the boring modern day life of some character I don't want to know about.

I also like the 1920s and 1930s as historical eras, so I'm looking to find historical fiction set in those times.


A seemingly perfect for me challenge would be the Cloak and Dagger Reading Challenge hosted by Carol's Notebook as it's reading mysteries!  

https://carolsnotebook.com/2021/12/01/cloak-and-dagger-reading-challenge-2022/


 However, they'd like you to join their Facebook group and share what you're reading and no, I'm more in the mode of jumping into my book pile and pulling the pile in after me, than I am in interactively sharing as I read.  I think there could be some competitiveness among the group, just imagining, to see who reads the most.  What a humbug I am.

I will sign up for the GoodReads Reading Challenge for 2022.  Ha last time I said I'd read 50 books and it was cone of shame time every time I logged in to GoodReads because I was nowhere near.

I shall sign up for 25 books for the year.

12 Poirots, 5 Classics, 5 Nancy Drew, 5 Trixie Belden, 5 Historical Novels.  I know I can do those, so I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment