Monday, November 1, 2021

Book Notes November 1, 2021

 November already! Time to be thinking of Christmas.  I'm asking for five books this year.  I've decided to do the Nancy Drew Reading Challenge in 2022 suggested by My Reader's Block.

  https://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2021/10/nancy-drew-reading-challenge.html

I asked for a boxed set of the first five Nancy Drew books for Christmas.  Somehow this only counts in my mind as a single book. It's good to be me!

I was looking for Rory's Story Cubes Mystery edition, which I couldn't find the other day and now it pops right up!


I found instead and asked for Narata Storytelling Cards, which just sounded fun.  We shall see if I find them under the tree.  Mr DOA is pretty good about Christmas lists. Very good, in fact!


The only other book I'm sure I'm asking for is Colson Whitehead's Harlem Shuffle.  I am loving historical mysteries so much these days, and I like the time period and setting. Everything I've read about it (without having the story spoiled for me) sounds good.


Via Kate Quinn, whose The Rose Code is on the list, Good Housekeeping's list of the best 25 Historical Fiction books.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/g35904358/best-historical-fiction-books/


 

Via Alafair Burke whose Find Me is on the list, Criminal Element's Most Anticipated Mysteries and Thrillers for 2022.

https://www.criminalelement.com/the-most-anticipated-mysteries-and-thrillers-of-2022/

 


 

Via the Book Garden, The Wisdom of Stephen King.  I'm so glad he acknowledges the Witch Under The Bed who we all know will grab your feet if you stick them out from under the covers.  And keep that closet door closed when you go to bed, right?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment