Friday, April 29, 2022

Garden Foray #1

 I was going to call the post “Today’s Haul”, but Garden Foray sounded more civilized. 😉

My plan was to look for cool weather vegetable plants and annuals, with a few herbs and at least one strawberry plant, and some “climbers”. So reasonable! 

Suddenly there were perennials and biennials in my cart. After looking at my tiny patio picture, I decided I don’t really like yellow flowers. Ohhh, what a pretty gaillardia!

I chose some of my vegetables for their pretty foliage. They’re all going in pots, whether they like it or not, so ornamental is good.

My cool weather plants snuggled in the garage under lights till they’re potted. The perennials will go in the ground, of course.


 Cool Weather Plants and Perennials

Geranium Flower Fairy White Splash

Alchemilla Thriller

Aster Churchill

Crush Burgandy Dianthus

Aquilegia Carol Ann

Heuchera Marmalade

Clematis Elsa Spath

Hollyhock Fiesta Time

Campanula Clockwise Deep Blue

Allium Millenium

Dianthus Constant Cadence Peach Milk

Chrysanthemum Fireworks Igloo

Lactuca sativa Romaine

Lettuce sativa Iceberg

Beta vulgaris Bull's Blood

Gaillardia Arizona Apricot

Papaver Royal Wedding

Curled Parsley

Halo Blush Hollyhock

Oenothera Siskiyou

Gypsophila Filou Rose

Carrot Bolero

Cabbage Ruby Perfection

Strawberry Toscana

Lavender Goodwin Creek

I meant to get no warm weather loving plants today, but there they were, some pretty climbers and pink pastel shades (mostly) of annuals.

These are in the bedroom window, with nice Eastern light and no chance of cat depredations .



Warm Weather Group

Hibiscus Cherub

Lophospermum Compact Rose

Thunbergia Arizona Pink Beauty

2 Rieger Begonia (No variety name listed, but both are pink and not the same)

Double Impatiens Silhouette Apple Blossom

Nemesia Pinkberry

Nemesia Sugarberry

No comments:

Post a Comment