Monday, April 18, 2022

Red Heart I Love Pink Blanket Part 9

All squares are made but those last two that I finished need an edge.  I did find a layout I like, so progress indeed. The blanket seems small, but it will be cozy enough.



However, I am just not seeing how the assembly instructions work.

ASSEMBLY With right sides facing, arrange all squares as shown in Assembly Diagram on next page. Horizontal Join (right side): Holding first squares of Strips 1 and 2 with wrong side together and working through both thicknesses, join D with sc in first corner, **ch 2, sc in space between next 2 hdc and first 4-hdc group, *ch 4, sc in space between next two 4-hdc groups; repeat from * 4 times, ch 4, sc in space between last 4-hdc group and next 2 hdc, ch 2, sc in next corner**, ch 2, sc in first corner of next squares; repeat from ** to ** once. Fasten off. Repeat Horizontal Join to join remaining strips.


 So. What is a strip? These two, then go down?  This does not seem "horizontal".

Now this below looks horizontal, but does not seem to involve "the first squares of strip one and strip two."


 

How have I gotten this far, you ask?  Looking at the Yarnspirations site to look at the pattern and copy it here, I noticed a review! I'm certain it wasn't there when I started. It says it is " super easy".  I had a moment reading that, but it is true, once you decipher the instructions and are working on the pattern, it seems easy enough.  That deciphering though!

I'm going to do what got me through last time, just try to follow the pattern directions stitch by stitch.  Stay tuned for the gripping finale.



No comments:

Post a Comment