Wednesday, June 8, 2022

DOA In The Garden: June 8, 2022

 I've decided to try letting my plant babies be outside at night despite the cool temperatures, still in the 50s at night.  So far, everything looks fine, so I'm hopeful.  Just in the nick, because we are all down with colds and doing that physical lifting and hauling isn't smart!

Hopefully I'm better by Wednesday, and can get back to potting and planting and weeding.

We may well be having one of those overly cool summers.  I recall going on a July Daylily tour one year and it had been cold all summer and hardly anything was opened.  Good thing people had "companion plants for us to look at!

I have never had an iris that I have planted come back and bloom the next year. Until this year, when a gorgeous pink iris has returned! I didn't even give it a nice place in the garden, as you can see, because I knew nothing would come of it.  Now, I need to consider moving it to a nicer spot, and it hates me and doesn't bloom, or I have to up my game in the place where it is now.









No comments:

Post a Comment