Friday, June 3, 2022

First Line Friday June 3, 2022

Welcome back to First Line Friday.  I take the lines mostly from books on my own shelves. Sometimes I use the wonderful resources at Project Gutenberg, sometimes I like lines from short story collections I own or from the two magazines I subscribe to: Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine or Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine.

When I started doing these I just put the quote on a colored square. Easy enough and perhaps I should return to it.  Hee hee.  Somehow I got the idea to match the line with a picture that gave the feel of the work being quoted.  There's the part that gives me trouble, as you need not only a picture that fits, but it needs enough blank space on the picture so I can add the quote to the picture. I use Paint to do it.  You see the gnarliness.

I've got my sources picked out for June and July, it's just a matter of doing the above for each of them. Wish me luck, and may your favorite book beginnings lead to excellent stories.





No comments:

Post a Comment