Thursday, June 2, 2022

What’s Cooking June 2, 2022

 Welcome back to my weekly post for saving recipes. I personally search here all the time for recipes I liked and want to make again, if only I could find my printed recipe. I haven’t found a good way to store those printouts, so they’re in an overflowing file folder with subject dividers loose between them. Easier to find here! 

One bad thing about killing off my DOA 2.0 blog was I had all of my mother in law’s recipes scanned and posted there, and that digital version is poofed.  I have them on a Seagate drive in their own folder, so I will likely add them here again for posterity.

Summertime has me wanting ice cream and ice cream cones. I rarely crave any in cold weather. I also keep looking at those colorful packs of fruity sticks you can freeze and squeeze out to eat on a hot day ( if we get more than one or two a month.)

Here are the recipes that caught my eye this week, summery or not.

This recipe from King Arthur Baking made me think I'd like to make my own ice cream.  Homemade strawberry would be the BEST, right?  It seems a bit complicated, and calls for liquor, surprisingly, and an ingredient called xanthan gum.  I'm sure Cub, which doesn't have egg noodles most weeks, will have loads of xanthan gum.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/strawberry-ice-cream-recipe  


 

Vanilla extract has vodka as an ingredient and this woman looks like she's about to take a big swig!


For the cake of the week, Southern Bite's Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake. Look at all of those layers.

https://southernbite.com/triple-chocolate-mousse-cake/



You know I love cute tins and adorable cupboards with charming dishes, here’s this week’s picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment