Monday, December 13, 2021

Book Notes December 13, 2021

 Nice to peek at bestsellers at the library, just to see what the writing is like.  The last really awful, unreadable book I remember scanning was Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.


 

Here's one of the reasons to follow a wide variety of authors.  I've never read Barbara Kingsolver's books, but would like to. She's so personable.  Perhaps I'll start with this new novel in 2022.


 

 

Another imminently likeable author that I have read is Kate Quinn, of the excellent novel The Rose Code (among others).  Here are her favorite 21 books read in 2021.

http://www.katequinnauthor.com/uncategorized/top-21-books-of-2021/

 



Goodreads presents a big list of the 60 most popular books with their readers in the last five years.

https://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/2251-goodreads-members-60-most-popular-books-from-the-past-five-years


 

Ho ho ho. From Penguin UK, 12 Christmas Stories recommended by their readers.

https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2021/december/12-must-read-christmas-tales--as-chosen-by-our-rorial


 

2 comments:

  1. You MUST read Barbara Kingsolver! Every book I've read by her has been a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve always been curious. She’s always well reviewed and popular. I’m guessing it’s her topics. If she wrote a nice Murder mystery, I’d be right there. Seriously, though, I’m glad you’ve read her books and recommend them. Which is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete