Monday, December 6, 2021

Book Notes December 6, 2021

 Here's the first list of most anticipated books for 2022 list I've seen, from the Bibliophile.  It looks to be a great reading year.

https://the-bibliofile.com/best-books-of-2022-new-anticipated/


 These are my picks from her list:

The Diamond Eye Kate Quinn

The Maid Nita Prose

The Paris Apartment Lucy Foley

Sea of Tranquility Emily St. John Mandel

The Book of Cold Cases  Simone St. James (pre-ordered as soon as I heard about it :)

For the Throne The Wilderwood #2  Hannah F. Whitten

The Alienist at Armageddon Dr. Lazlo Kreizler #3 Caleb Carr

Thursday Murder Club #3  Richard Osman


GoodReads Reader's Choice Final Round

I voted in the final round.  Only three of my initial choices did not make it to the final.  I'm glad I made a list of the opening round books, it really helped in the last vote.  Very exciting!



 


I'm getting lots of ideas for Reading Challenges for 2021.  I don't need any, but I'm tempted.  I have my own plans for Reading in 2022.

Tuesdays will be all bookishness.  

I plan to keep reading the Hercule Poirot books.  I've been going through the list of them and am reading in publication order, and skipping short story collections and any books I've already read.

I asked for the first five Nancy Drew books for Christmas, and I'll read one a month.

In order to be fair to my own childhood favorite Trixie Belden, I'll read the first five of those, also once a month.

While I was considering re-doing my  Readable Classics list, I decided to read some of the books on the list I've not actually read.  Also, I considered that in college, I took as many British literature courses as I could and avoided American Literature as much as possible.  I'm going to read some prominent American authors I missed along the way.  Perhaps also one a month. 

The old list:    https://merlynperilous.wordpress.com/2019/07/05/readable-classics-timeless-tales/

All will be on Book Review Tuesday as I privately think of it.   I am programmed, as my mom would say, to do a Word Find while reading, so you'll find those on Wednesdays.

So an actual Reading Challenge I'll sign up for is  the Historical Fiction Challenge hosted by the Intrepid Reader.  You can sign up for various levels so I'll take the Victorian level and sign up to read 5 Historical Fiction novels in 2022.

http://www.theintrepidreader.com/2021/12/historical-fiction-reading-challeng.html



I should sign up for the GoodReads challenge but they make you feel bad if you fall behind your goal every time you log in.

Might sign up for the Medical Examiner's Mystery Reading Challenge wherein as you're reading mysteries, you report the body count from your books, you know, how many people died.  I did that a little on my own last year with my book group, but I fear they thought it was a bit grisly.  ^-^

http://rickmillsproject.com/reading_challenges/medical_examiner/2021/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment