Friday, December 31, 2021

Librariandoa's 2022 (We Hope)

 Let's say goodbye to 2021 and see what 2022 has in store.

On the excellent side, we are going to the World Science Fiction Convention in Chicago, and the Bouchercon Mystery Convention here in the Twin Cities.

We attended the 2012 Chicago Worldcon and had a great time.  The hotel was great though elevators took forever.  We saw lots of our favorite authors.  Pizza was great.  There was a little grocery nearby so we could have a little fridge in the room stocked with fruit and cheese and bread.  Note to self bring a butter knife in suitcase.  There was a Walk With The Stars and you could chat with an author you admired.


 

We haven't been to Bouchercon, but since it's right at home, gotta go.


Baking

Time to master breads (stop over proofing!).  Don't fear the yeast!

I love cake, and will somehow make a wide variety of cakes, and stuff myself, and be happy.

Garden

What a disaster in 2021.  I'll try to sum it up on my garden blog, but needless to say keeping rabbits and moles from devouring my plants is high on the list.  It's almost the entire list, lol.

Ride my bike.  

Somehow I have developed a fear of falling over on my bike (though I haven't done so in years).  It's added exercise, and you feel like you own the world zipping along on your bike.  What a weenie I've become.

Scrapbooking 

I have the best papers and pencils and watercolors, you name it to do some wonderful scrapbooks.  I just need to get back into it.  

Scanning and digitizing pictures.

I now have the Epson Fast Photo scanner which zips your photographs through, and the keenly desirable Epson V600 Photo Scanner which also does slides and negatives.  Time to scan the hundreds of pictures I have myself and inherited from mom.

Reading

I do in fact have the best TBR shelf I've ever had. So many good and new to me authors.  I don't forsee any sort of reading slump for me for a very long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment