Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Dead Good Books: 16 Authors Pick their Favorite Mysteries of 2021

 Via The Rap Sheet,      http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/    I loved this article featuring mystery authors and their favorite books of 2021.

https://www.deadgoodbooks.co.uk/best-crime-novels-of-2021/

 

I'd almost like to read all of them, but I narrowed my choices down to these:

The Sanitorium Sarah Pearse     I waffled on this one numerous times over the course of the year.  It sounded really good, but some reviews held me back.  The fact that it has a sequel coming out in 2022 The Retreat, seals the deal.


 

Anthony Horowitz  A Line to Kill   I waffled on this as well given some split reviews as to whether the author inserting himself into the story worked or not.  Also, I did not care for The Magpie Murders by this author so I wasn't sure how this would go.  I'm going to start at the beginning of the series with The Word is Murder.




The Appeal Janice Hallett  I've not heard of this one at  all, but murder among amateur actors sounds appealing.  Right?


 


I wrote down The Nothing Man by Catherine Ryan Howard about a true crime writer and a serial killer.  Probably can't read it because I'm not a fan of serial killers.  Something about him reading her book and fearing he'd be unmasked, though...



No comments:

Post a Comment