Wednesday, December 29, 2021

What’s Cooking December 29, 2021

 The problem with evening posts, on a regularly scheduled basis, is that it's easy to forget about them.  What's Cooking Gets a Thursday Morning at 7 am spot beginning January 6, 2022.

I need this not for the half recipes but for making only a third of a recipe.  This is useful when trying out new recipes so you don't have leftovers, or worse, for the dreaded "that was gross, let's toss it".




I did very little decorating for Christmas this year. Next year, I vow to do it right, like this!  I need a mug tree for my Christmas mugs.  I haven't had one in years.  Got the cute chicken. Got the little cake plates and the wooden house.  I feel more festive already.




Having watched the Great British Baking Show, I know these were “over proofed”. Even so, this potato bread is soft and almost cake like. With Butter and Honey, it tastes like a light cake, in fact.  Recipe link when I find it :)  I printed it out and it's in my pile.  A keeper of a recipe.  Watch that proofing.







It's too late to add these to my New Year's Eve pile of goodies, but there's always time in the New Year for chocolate.

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/chocolate-cashew-clusters/

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment