Friday, March 6, 2020

Garden Planning 2020: The Crescent Garden

As you can see below, it isn't really a Crescent shape.  The name has stuck though.   This is a tiny space on the north side of the house.  It's bordered by the driveway and front sidewalk.  Drainage is never good, the water just flows right out.  I've tried a border.  I've tried mulching.



Last season I put an urn with the bottom broken out in it and planted a few annuals.  I also put a few annuals in the ground around it.






Hmmm....it was a bad year for things being eaten.  Pretty much everything not in the pot was eaten to the ground over the course of the season.   Nothing in the urn thrived either.  Honestly, I think I even sprinkled some blood meal around these in desperation.  Nope.


This season,  I'll put the little bricks back, turned on their sides and in the soil an inch or so to hold them up and hopefully hold in some water.  

I will need to fill the spot with something that isn't so tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment