Saturday, March 21, 2020

What's a Few Degrees?


This morning I went out to survey the garden.  I thought my spouse said the temp was 44 so I planned on adding some chicken wire to the vegetable garden fence, maybe mapping out a new garden plan using my stencils...just kind of enjoying the sun.

Oops. I mis-heard 44. It was 24.  So chilly!  The ground was very frozen, there's no chance I'll be planting anything out there till the alleged 50's incoming next week.  Tsk.

I still surveyed the fence, and looked at what I have in the shed for shelves to keep plants in pots up off of the ground this season, not so much the flowers, but small tomatoes and peppers and herbs.  I purchased some of the patio type corn from Burpee which can be in a large pot.

You can bet that pot will be off the ground somehow, as my past experiences growing corn haven't been good.  Not that it doesn't grow, it's fine, but it gets plundered.  There one day, dragged away the next.

You see why I'm so eager for the season to begin!



Mom on the Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment