Friday, March 20, 2020

Seed Babies Part 2

Here they are! Onions, lupines, feverfew, hollyhocks.



















I ordered three blueberry bushes from Jung's this morning.  I also wanted to get a few everbearing strawberries, but they didn't seem available as plants and I have not had good luck with seed.

I'll need to check locally over the first few weeks in April when the greenhouses I hope will be open.   I'll also be looking for some more herbs of all kinds and I think this year I will need to try to manage to learn drying and preserving herbs rather than just snipping them fresh from the garden and using them that way.

I'm focusing on vegetables that I'll be able to freeze or can.   There's supposed to be plowable snow by tomorrow morning, if not, I think I'll try to start a few peas and radishes out in the garden this weekend.

The way the world is going I'd like to be able to grow wheat in the yard, but pretty sure that's impractical.

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment