Thursday, April 2, 2020

Garden Cleanup Begins

I've started garden cleanup, beginning with the vegetable garden.   I gently raked leaves out of the in ground and raised beds to make sure I didn't harm anything making its way up.

So far tiny bits of daylily, some chives, a daisy (they rarely overwinter for me) and the rhubarb.

Unfortunately, piles of rabbit pellets. I don't know if I'm supposed to see them as organic material that I can compost with the leaves, or if my pile is contaminated by it.  Sigh.   

I plan to plant my first peas in the green bins you see, and up on the shelving I have so Thumper the Terrible can't get them.   If squirrels are part of the problem, I'm in trouble.

This year, I'm looking at the many fallen branches in the yard as plant supports of various kinds.  It seems to me anything as thick as a pencil might be useful someplace.















                                                     Rhubarb Victoria continues to unfurl.


No comments:

Post a Comment