Saturday, January 13, 2024

Seed Starting Light Stand Plans

 I plan to start seeds indoors this February.  A few flowers, and some perennials that have longer growing periods.  If I am really good this year, I will start tomatoes and peppers in March!

Long ago, (the nineties!), I had a light stand my husband made for me from a plan in a magazine, Fine Gardening, I thought, and he would be willing to make another for me if I could find the plans.  I found it and printed it out within the last year or so. However, have I ever had a piece of paper I didn't want to keep? Try to find something like this that likely never got filed properly. Ha!

Good thing my librarian search skills are intact, because I found the plans via an A Way to Garden post.  Follow the link for the full directions.

https://awaytogarden.com/big-rig-my-circa-1989-seed-starter-stand/


  This stand is very stable, holds a lot of plants and trays, and folds up nicely when not in use.  My spouse says this isn't quite the same as the one he built.


While looking for these I found a newer set of plans on Fine Gardening's site (because I think that's the source of the original plans) that simple to make but maybe not a sturdy?  I'm not sure I like the slats, though maybe they are better for air flow?

https://www.finegardening.com/project-guides/gardening-basics/nurture-seedlings-on-a-tiered-growing-stand 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment