Little House On The Prairie Netflix
I completed the eight episode first season of the new series. I really enjoyed it, and look forward to season two. When I read or watch compelling historical fiction, it makes me want to read more about the time the book or film is set in.
While I haven't read the first book yet (I've a large pile of books in waiting), watching the show made me want to read all of the books. I didn't realize the family moved around so much. They only stay in their home near Independence for a little over a year despite all the hardships they had trying to get established. For next season they're off to Walnut Grove Minnesota, where the original TV series was set, though according to my research they went back home to Wisconsin first.
I was taken by the characters in the show, all fascinating people trying to make the best of a truly impossible situation. Flawed, every one of them, but admirable as well.
I found a good list on Reddit where someone asked for books for adults like Little House on the Prairie. It's full of great sounding titles.
Ride or Die (Prime)
Best friends Debbie and Judith look for antiques together, host book club, and spend as much time together as their lives allow. Twenty years of friendship are broken when a series of events change their lives.
Debbie, married to a British MP she's grooming for Prime Minister, has long ago stopped using her law degree. She is happy with her life, so she takes the brunt of the shocks incoming. Her husband wants a divorce. He owes 24 million pounds to the Albanian mob. Her friend Judith has been an international assassin for all the years they've known each other.
Judith swings in to save her friend from the mob despite orders from her boss. Judith and Debbie are off across Europe barely surviving the long line of those now chasing them both. Interpol is on their trail now too, as suspects in several murders that occurred along the way. To complicate matters, a former colleague of Judith's appears to be back from the dead bent on revenge against her.
It's adventure, comedy, and a wild ride through eight episodes. Great cast with many side characters you come to like.



No comments:
Post a Comment