Monday, August 15, 2016

Jessica Robinson's Farmhouse Apple Crisp

I wrote about the New England Farmgirl Cookbook the other day on my Adventures of Merlyn Perilous blog, and today I tried the apple crisp.

It didn't seem likely I'd find granulated maple sugar at the store, and I did not.  I used an additional 3/4 cup of brown sugar instead.  I'll keep an eye out while shopping elsewhere.

I lack Apple coring skills, though I have a decent enough Apple corer.  Apples, as it turns out, don't like to stand upright.  They want to sit angled so you aren't certain of getting that problematic core.

Even so, the recipe was simple, and did not say you needed to cool before adding a scoop of ice cream, so I went for it.  Almost like a warm Carmel Apple, this is the best apple crisp I've ever had.




No comments:

Post a Comment