Friday, November 21, 2008

piZap! Yourself, and a Bookish Meme

created at www.pizap.com

Via the Generator Blog, that temple of coolness, we have piZap (www.pizap.com) photo editing software that lets you add fun conversation balloons and more to an image.

Even better, you can buy that image on t-shirts, stickers, mugs etc. right on the site! A very merry gift for Christmas for that special someone, eh? You can see thumbnail images of what your picture would look like on their items. Very reasonably priced, endless possibilities.

For libraries, think how difficult it often is to get customized prizes or promotional items. Here you have alot more options!

Next up, via the ever exciting Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine we have a "meme":

A meme (pronounced /miːm/)[1] consists of any idea or behavior that can pass from one person to another by learning or imitation. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, gestures, practices, fashions, habits, songs, and dances. Memes propagate themselves and can move through the cultural sociosphere in a manner similar to the contagious behavior of a virus.

Do this and be amazed! Well not really!

"Open the closest book to you—not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment—to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence as well as the next two to five sentences"

I sometimes scan fast and don't pick up the fine details so I messed up my meme in the comments on the PCM. In fact, I'm such a bonehead, I didn't think anything on page 56 looked interesting enough to quote, so dirty rotten cheater that I am, I looked through my whole to-read pile for a book that had something scintillating on page 56. Missing the whole "write out the fifth sentence...etc" part. This is why my mom often said to me "when in doubt, read the instructions".



Anywho, here is the correctly done meme-ish quote from The King of Ragtime by Larry Karp:

"When's the last time he came in to check on something?"
"Earlier in the afternoon."
"What time did he leave?"
Tabor paused, then shrugged. "I'm not sure. I didn't see him go out."

So there is the real plucked-from-page-56 meme. The plot doth thicken, indeed!
Meme away! Don't try to cheat like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment