Sunday, January 27, 2013

Answer: My Favorite Book Rebus

In sixth grade, the school librarian noted I was an avid reader with that keen librarian eye some have.  She suggested a few books to me, one of them being:



 
 
 
 
 
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.   I solemnly told her I wasn't interested in science fiction because it was all about "spacemen and blasters".  Where I got that I can't imagine.  I had been watching every science fiction film I could find on late night and Saturday morning television for years.  Maybe I just didn't want to admit I was a big fan of something so unusual for a girl.
 
 
A Wrinkle in Time was written in 1962 and I read it just a few years later.  Meg was a wonderful character for me to meet when I did.  I have often gone back and read her adventures over the years and the story of her bravery and love are just as powerful with each re-reading.
 
 
 
There is a site celebrating Madeleine and her many works, visit it here
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment