Saturday, February 2, 2013

Reading the Edgar Nominees for Best Novel



I had a Cone of Shame Moment or two when I went to see how many Edgar Award Winners I've read.  I will be drummed out of the Mystery Reader's Corps if word gets out, I'm sure of it.

I decided I could begin to remedy that by reading the nominees for Best Novel.  The awards will be given out in April so no problems, right?

I requested all of the selections my library owned and got a small pile.  I liked the Gods of Gotham by Lindsey Faye and All I did was shoot my man by Walter Mosley almost equally (though they are very different) and so started reading those in tandem. 

I have in hand The Lost Ones by Ace Atkins and Potboiler by Jesse Kellerman.  I'm waiting for Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, Live by Night by Dennis Lehane and Sunset by Al Lamanda.

I need to read much faster.  They all sound really good though and I'm pleased to have such fine reading in store.   I will also get to keep my spot in the ranks of Mystery Readers, having these excellent nominees under my proverbial belt.


No comments:

Post a Comment