Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Pinpoint Crochet Blanket Square One

While waiting for dinner I made my first square in the Pinpoint Crochet blanket.  I love it so much.



Normally I wouldn't care for the color gray, in crochet, but the One Pound Caron Soft Gray Mix with my sweet little pastel centers is perfect for my gray couch.   The yarn is nice to work with, and very snuggly.




I was able to practice my newly acquired skill of treble crochet on round 3, and it came easily to me, I was so pleased.

You see I messed up that last corner, I didn't see it till I'd snipped off the thread.  I'm pretty certain I can hide that mistake when I join the squares together.

I would have more squares done this evening (I wanted to make one with each of the center colors), but the pound skein, like all skeins, needs to be rolled into a nice ball before you start to crochet, in my opinion.   I made the first square directly from the skein as it comes, and you just have to tug and tug at the skein to get more yarn.   Grr. 

I spent quite a bit of time this evening rolling the bad boy, but there's lots more left to roll.

There are two more sets of One Pounder Yarns with potential sweet pastel yarn centers on my shelves, waiting to make two more of these blankets,  (one a soft green, one a mixed pink) so I'd better scoot.  Winter is coming.

Here's what it should look like, except without those stark colors (shudder):


Michael's has this pattern on a little paper right by the One Pound Yarns, and other patterns right by other yarns, so it is fun to look to see if there is anything new.   And you can grab the pattern and all the yarn you need on the spot.  Very nice.

I watched, and did row by row on this square, the Crochet Crowd video tutorial, a first for me.

https://youtu.be/fr92AhUiwaM

There's a left handed one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment