Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010 and welcome to a new decade!

<

Anyone who is a fan of re-inventing themselves has got to be quite excited by the opportunity to begin a new year and a new decade. So, here we go, instead of making those same old New Year's Resolutions you make EVERY YEAR...doh, let's take a hint and figure we aren't going to make wholesale and immediate changes that will discourage us by January 15th at the latest.



Let's think more broadly about what we'd like to do that will be fun or interesting and will make us happier people and make us less something or other to the people around us who adore us but they wish we weren't such grumpy dogs! Some days. We're just glorious on some other days. Right.




To begin, I don't even care what I proposed for myself last year at this time. I either did it or I didn't. Meh. Onward. That was THE OLD ME.


This year I think I'd like to write more on my blogs. I have alot of interests and why shouldn't I share them with my faithful and not so faithful readers? Blah blah blah, I say.




I've already started reading more science fiction which I think was vaguely a goal last year. I really like the forward thinking general optimism of science fiction writers. I'll still read mysteries but that genre has taken a temporary turn towards a darker less optimistic view of humanity and it isn't what I'm looking for. I will be sticking with my favorite mystery authors and looking for more, but the good guys need to triumph. The bad guys have got to go down, they just do.




I have let my bad knees keep me from being the fine amateur gardener I'd like to be, so I'm going to find a clever way around that and make things beautiful. I'd like to learn to preserve foods again...long ago I knew how to do canning. I have also wanted to work with dried and pressed flowers. I have the flowers, I just need to use them a bit more creatively.



Although I still can't draw a nice stick-man, I really like cartooning. They can be so fun since they capture an idea in a succinct and hopefully charming manner. Watch for at least one cartoon a week, not drawn, but using some of the great web based cartooning tools. I use Witty Comics at www.wittycomics.com for the "On the Desk" series.

Click to Enlarge



Since I am an actual librarian I will try to write about more library topics. As I go into my last decade as a librarian, I might as well talk about the profession I love and which was secretly created just for me, lol, as they say.



Happy New Year! Librarian D.O.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment