Monday, October 18, 2021

Book Notes October 18, 2021

 Captive audience.



It really is a trend for covers to have historical fiction titles where women have their backs to the reader on covers.  What it is supposed to convey I don't know.  I'd personally find a nice character portrait more appealing.



From the My Reader's Block Blog, a Nancy Drew Reading Challenge.  The challenge uses Nancy Drew titles and suggests you read a book based on its theme or idea.  I like the idea of reading the books themselves.  I've been reading Agatha Christie's Poirot Stories this year, and really enjoy them and will likely keep reading and see them to the end.  I believe I could add in some Nancy Drew as well.  Just one a month for me.

https://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2021/10/nancy-drew-reading-challenge.html


It’s a slow news week! Here are a few new books to consider:







No comments:

Post a Comment