Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reading for a Scrapbook Retreat




In addition to issues of Rubber Stamp Madness and Somerset Memories magazines, I'll be bring along on my weekend Scrapbook retreat a new book that just crossed my desk:

Stamped Out: A Stamping Sisters Mystery by Terri Thayer

First in a new series, it includes instructions for a stamping project. Can you believe it, the project is a Skull and Scrolls tag! Too perfect for D.O.A. scrapper!

Note: I came, I scrapped, I am relaxed! This book argh! Librarians CODE 101.50: never only bring one book! The main character in this book is such an annoying person I thought I was gonna die, but had to read to read before I went to sleep. I think that the author loaded too much angst into her characters relationships with others all in the first chapter or something. I just wanted to say to "April" (bad name choice) SNAP OUT OF IT!

In other retreat bookish news, my sister is addicted to James Patterson's Alex Cross novels. BUT. She reads them and then is scared to sleep with the lights out. And it sure is dark at night in northern Minnesota. Which I like, but not Ms Patterson fan :) She also...heard someone talking about bears, and thought she heard a rattlesnake while we were munching our supper on a picnic table. Love you, sister of D.O.A. no. 3, but you had me freaked by night no. 2.

Lovely resort, good company, good food, lots of relaxing reminiscing as I worked on a Halloween book.

No comments:

Post a Comment