Monday, September 15, 2008

Scrappy D.O.A.



Next weekend D.O.A. Sister #3 (of 5) and I are going on our second annual Scrapbook Retreat. I was rather new to scrapping then and had no idea what to expect or what to bring. I traveled really light, and had only one project (Disney trips) to work on, not many photos, and lots of blaringly brightly colored Mouse themed paper and stickers. Others there were hauling in huge black trunks and the large plastic drawers you can get, full of *stuff*. I was beyond intimidated. In the year since, I have found my scrapping feet, and accumulated mucho scrapping supplies. I will be bringing 4 projects worth of photos so I don't get burnt out (you scrap 12+ hours per day at these things) and paraphernalia that will make me right up there with my fellow scrap-ettes. Here is my helpful list of supplies for a weekend scrapbooking retreat:

o Photos
o Papers
o Stickers
o Embellishments
o Pages
o Page Protectors
o Scissors
o Adhesives (lots!)
o Scrapbooking pens
o Trimmers
o Corner Rounder
o Tickets, memorabilia
o Pencils
o Ruler
o Journaling paper
o Stencils
o Photo labeling Pencil
o Notepad
o Stamps (Rubber and otherwise)
o Ink Pads and re-inkers
o Colored pencils
o Chalks
o Scrapbook Magazines and books for inspiration
o Accordion file for the papers etc for each project
o Book of Quotes
o Small dictionary

Don't forget your jammies, the preferred evening wear of scrappers everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment