Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Talking Volumes

I attended some of the Talking Volumes author programs this fall for the first time.  I wasn't sure if I liked the interview format but it has grown on me over the course of the series.  I think many interesting stories are told as the authors respond to questions about their work.

These are at the  Fitzgerald  Theater in St. Paul and I just love the theater itself. It is a very charming building.  Plenty if parking (especially during Rick Riordan's when most of the audience was too young to drive.)

There is a musical interlude which comes right after the author has read a powerful passage from their work which I find quite jarring.

All in all, quite a charming experience, and it is a real treat to be in a big audience full of book lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment