Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Get Spicy!



There is usually an article in the paper or elsewhere at this time of year when so many of us are blissfully cooking our little hearts out telling us to look at our spice cupboard and check for old spices.

I did a massive weed of mine recently because I've been using spices in my cooking experiments and I wanted to be sure I had nice fresh ingredients.  I found a couple with no expiration dates at all, and you know that can't be good.

This is definitely the time to reorganize, revitalize and restock since there are so many sales and coupons available and spices are expensive.

List making fiend that I am, after I weeded I wrote what I had that was current and what I needed to restock then just picked up a couple each week on sale.  I carry it with me when I go to the store so I know if I am already nicely stocked or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment