Sunday, June 26, 2022

DOA's Answer Key for the Sunday Cipher June 19, 2022

Not quite a Father's Day tale, but My Father's Dragon is the story of a boy's father who meets a cat, and has many adventures, including meeting a dragon.

 


 

 


 

 

One cold rainy day when my father was a little boy, he met an old alley cat on his street. The cat was very drippy and uncomfortable so my father said, "Wouldn't you like to come home with me?"

This surprised the cat, she had never before met anyone who cared about old alley cats—but she said, "I'd be very much obliged if I could sit by a warm furnace, and perhaps have a saucer of milk."

"We have a very nice furnace to sit by," said my father, "and I'm sure my mother has an extra saucer of milk."

My father and the cat became good friends but my father's mother was very upset about the cat. She hated cats, particularly ugly old alley cats. "Elmer Elevator," she said to my father, "if you think I'm going to give that cat a saucer of milk, you're very wrong.  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment