Thursday, October 25, 2018

DOA In The Virtual Garden





I was all ready to get a leaf blower this year, to save hours of backbreaking raking.  Maybe not.

From the Saturday Evening Post September/October 2002 issue:





From The Empress of Dirt, advice on repotting African Violets.   I have one which has miraculously lived several years.   It is this big odd floaty umbrella shaped plant which flowers periodically.  I don't think it's supposed to be that way but I'm just impressed it's still alive.   Mine has the coloring of the one pictured, but not the shape or size.




From Wayside Gardens, a Blue Parrot Tulip.  Somehow, I've never tried Parrot type tulips at all.





Also from Wayside Gardens, a beautiful tulip called Double Dream Touch.




The perfect rose?   From Heirloom Roses, Fragrant Masterpiece.






From Avant Gardens, a Strangler Tree.   Though it sort of looks like a "Hug Tree", if the hug were by a giant claw...





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I have the twin to you African violet, one that keeps flowering and flowering. Another one sits next to it and just puts out leaves.

    ReplyDelete