Progress is good! I'm just finishing row 20 of 31 on my Granny Square blanket which has been in the works for several years, I think.
I've learned so much since I started working on it. One of the things that made it difficult was that my skeins of yarn didn't go very far, the larger my "square" got. I had to change to a new skein of yarn in the middle of a row, sometimes more than once. I struggled with that in my initial run. Now it's so simple to do, and I think I'll finish this one soon.
No joining, no border, just those few more rows. I weave in ends as I go, always, so that won't be there at the end.