Thursday, October 4, 2012

DOA's Five Game Blogs to Read in 2013

Modeled after a certain blog shout out that DOA never makes for some odd reason, I thought I'd like to do my own blog recommendations on a variety of topics.

We'll start with gaming blogs.  These are personal blogs because I like knowing what a real person thinks about games I might want to play.  These folks have been writing for awhile and they have interesting opinions that haven't been filtered through some soul sucking "we have to please a company or entity" filter.  Game on!



Keen and Graev's Gaming Blog



These two guys talk about all kinds of games and they seem to strive between them to play a little of everything.  Very opinionated yet thoughtful, they cover alot of ground and are working on designing their own game.



Stylish Corpse




Isn't this one of the best blog names ever?  Its author has been writing for a long time, and has recently finished a run of columns at mmorpg.com   She plays mostly MMOs but I seem to recall her sneaking in Skyrim as well.   She is a stylish writer, really informative and fun.


Biobreak



Written by Justin Olivetti who appears in many places as "Syp" and on Massively and Biobreak as himself, this covers alot of territory.  If it is out there he knows about it or is playing it.   He generously works to promote and encourage new bloggers to keep those fledgling game writers coming.


Ardwulf's Lair



Ardwulf writes about a variety of games, largely MMOs but he does try out some of the latest new hot stuff.  He also avidly plays table top games so he has a sort of strategic thinking mode thing going at all times.   A busy guy who doesn't always have time to write, he keeps adding new features and methods of getting his gaming thoughts out there.



Gnome's Lair



Gnomie (as I call him secretly) is a bundle of manic retro gaming energy.  He has a series of You Tube posts and interviews and he reminds me of someone I just can't put my finger on.  You'll see what I mean.  He is a champion of Indie Game Development as well as old RPGs, platformers and you name it.  High energy, lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment