Tuesday, October 29, 2013

In Search of a Soft Peanut Butter Cookie



I like the taste of the traditional peanut butter cookie, and I liked  making those cross hatches on top as a kid.  Now, as I become Ms DOA Cookiemeister, I want a nice soft cookie.  Those dry old cross hatched things...meh.

I have several recipes to try but started with http://www.everydayhomecook.com/2011/08/soft-chewy-peanut-butter-cookies/  this one from the Everyday Home Cook site.  It had more moist ingredients, I reasoned, so maybe it would be softest.

Mine don't look quite like hers perhaps because I used a small ice cream scoop, the kind that lets you scoop then launch your cookie out onto the pan or into a small bowl of sugar.

They were really nice and soft as I'd hoped.  Mr. DOA really liked them but couldn't quite pronounce them to be "peanut buttery."  There's a whole cup of peanut butter in there and I thought they were nicely peanut buttery. (New word?)


I have two more recipes lined up, and welcome any suggestions for a nice soft peanut butter cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment