Tuesday, September 4, 2018

From The Archives: It's What's Up Front That Counts

I like to look at my "Popular Posts" list at the bottom of the blog side bar to see if any recent posts are being read.  Often, things from way back will crop up the list instead.  All it really takes, I think, since I don't post much, is one view of an oldie.

A post from 2010 called It's What's Up Front That Counts includes a picture from an  old cigarette commercial with a pixie-ish woman holding up a Winston, fingers measuring a cigarette's front end, while her eyes slide back to a man in the background.



That's not the best part of the post!   I think I did a great job of talking about all the things a Librarian could encounter in a day at the Reference Desk.   Ha ha!  They hadn't actually taken the Desk itself away yet!

As happens, it got me thinking about all of the really excellent Reference Librarians I've worked with and for over the years.   I have been so lucky to work with some of the finest, most Service oriented Librarians in the business.   Thanks, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment