Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Crochet Tuesday

If I ever adopt some of the memes and blog topics I"ve used this month, Crochet Tuesday will be n there, since I'm enjoying it so much.

Although I have been pretty good about buying appealing new yarn for a particular project, I've also tried hard to work to finish projects before starting new ones.

This week I sorted all my yarn by brand.  Oddly satisfying!  It was sorted by color, but I think I have a better idea of what my favorite yarns are now they're sorted in their piles of Red Heart, Vanna's Choice, Caron Simply Soft, Caron Cakes.  I even have a lavender skein of yarn from a local general type store that doesn't exist anymore.

I have all this nice yarn, and all these fun projects lined up.  I'm just going to dive in and get a start on as many as I please.   I learn new techniques all the time and I should just putter happily with my yarn.

There are so many good sources of patterns.  Many yarns have things I'd like to try right on the wrappers (though the print is small.)

Red Heart Yarns is one of the best sources of free patterns out there.  The array of projects is huge.  If you like a particular yarn, there will be project suggestions right on the page.



I've mentioned Yarnspirations before, they also have many many wonderful projects.  Tied in with them is The Crochet Crowd, hosted by one "Mikey" who does great video tutorials both right and left handed.   Yarnspirations projects feature Bernat, Patons, Lily and Caron yarns (including Caron Cakes).




My Crafting Section of the Blog Roll has quite a few Crochet Blogs, most of whom design their own patterns.  Many are available on their blogs, and some have Ravelry accounts for you to purchase patterns, and some have Etsy shops where you can buy finished projects.


Speaking of Ravelry, I decided to join for the purpose of this post.  I've been curious about it for quite awhile.



I was expecting it to be...more...something.  Colorful. Inspiring.  Useful?   I''ll look for some of my favorite Crochet Bloggers there and see what I think.

I was a bit disappointed in the Yarn tab, the yarn featured there is not what I'm looking for at this point.  I'd like them to use yarns I can find easily.


I thought I should take a look at Instagram, finally, but you sign in with Facebook.  Not happening.

Happy Crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment